Saturday, February 13, 2016

CREATED to Create

I create art in my Bible.  

Why?  Because I want my little girl to know so much about the Love of God and His Wisdom and grace.  I want to make sure that when she walks the road without me, that I have equipped her well so she can withstand the storm and know that God is with her no matter what.  

I really think my Bible is more of a Legacy Bible, and that is what I am calling it.  My Bible is not for me- it is completely for my girl who is 18 months old right now.  I create and write with her and God in mind.  I pray that it helps her in the future and that this is glorifying to God.  

With that all stated, I purchased my first Illustrated Faith Kit this past week to work through the devotional on a topic I so am encouraged by... We are Created to Create. 


From Left to Right: 12 devotions, teal ink pad, stamps, 3 scripture cards and envelope, washi tape, sticker, and paper clip with fabric on end.
The first devotion is on Exodus 35:31-35, which talks about how God has specifically equipped people to create for Him.  In this passage, the Bible tells us that God has equipped certain people with skills to build the tabernacle.

"... and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood and to engage in all kinds of artistic crafts. And he has given both him and Oholiab son of Ahisamak, of the tribe of Dan, the ability to teach othersHe has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them skilled workers and designers."


So what do I want Sweet Pea to know from this?



I want her to know that God has gifted her with certain abilities- that these gifts are meant to be used to glorify Him. I want her to know that she is:

  • An artist created by the Greatest Artist of all.
  • An artist who is made to glorify the True Artist.
  • An artist no matter what people say or think.
  • An artist who is meant to create for others and not hide her gift.
  • An artist, God's workmanship, ready to create the good works He has planned for her. (Eph 2:10)


I had already created the woven part on this page and written to her based on an art challenge by Rebekah Jones, but the devotion from the kit tied right in, and I added the little banner that you see. Please feel free to read what I wrote to my daughter back in October that applies today. 

We are each given gifts, whether it is actually fine art, dancing, singing, teaching, or maybe cooking an awesome batch of cookies!! (I have a friend who this is her amazing gift and I can not tell you how often I look forward to her sharing her cookies with me <3)


Do you know that you are Created to Create?  
Do you know that you have a specific GIFT or TALENT?  

Do not hide your gift, compare it to others, or wish for a different gift. Don't think that it is not enough. You were blessed with yours for a specific purpose! God is capable of taking that small gift and multiplying it!    Just use it and trust that He can do with it what He pleases.... because it is all for Him anyway.   

What will you do with your gift-- your talent?  



If you are interested in looking into a Jouranling Bible, there are tons out there!  Great for notes, messages, art... whatever the Lord writes on your heart to remember.  Mine is a double column, but here is one on Amazon that is a ESV single column. 



No comments:

Post a Comment